Hi guys,
A couple of weeks ago I recieved my EasyPIC4 board with various add-ons. Yesterday evening I thought I'd try to get the 128X64 GLCD working and I did - at least somewhat..... I can clear display as well as fill it completely and it looks good. However, as soon as I "draw" anyhing else on it the "intensity" seems to vary depending on how many pixels is "ON". The strange thing is that it looks OK when ALL pixels are on.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

In the upper left corner the screen is cleared (filled with zeros), in the upper right corner it is filled with ones - good contrast and good intensity. Now, in the lower left corner the first 32 colums of page 0 is filled with the pattern %10101010, when this is done the intensity of each pixel is much lower compared to when all pixels are "on". And in the lower right corner of the photo I've "drawn" som horizontal lines across the screen, the intensity now is even lower.

So the question is: Has anybody seen this behavior on GLCD before? Am I doing something wrong? (Probably) Or is it just a low quality or even defective display?

Thanks!
/Henrik Olsson.