Hello,

This is probably a dumb question but is there a way using PBP to have a variable with-in a declared variable name? Its a little hard to explain exactly what I mean but it would be sort of like this:

You want to print a variable name to your Lcd so you print:
LCDOUT $FE,1,"On_Timer_Hour",DEC M," "

the On_Timer_Hour would be your declared variable and the variable with-in it would be the M variable. Setting the M variable before the print to the Lcd (or in your code) would change the variable name displayed to the Lcd. So the variable On_Timer_Hour could be On_Timer_Hour1, On_Timer_Hour2, On_Timer_Hour3 ect. ect.. It would be great if I could implement that concept in my code. Wishful thinking?

Why I'm asking is: I'm writing a timer program where the user can programme 10 different On and Off times that repeats every 24 hours using Darrels ELASPED.PBP. I have in excess of 100 variables that all have a numerical value at the end of the variable name. If it is possible to use a variable with-in a declared variable name then it would save a lot of code space.

In each of the 10 timer sections (I'd like to have more if I can gain more code space) I have intermediate dummy variables that all have to be set then re-set to implement my code. It would be great if I could just change one M variable that would change them all. There's a lot I don't understand about programming, like array variables with a variable index or other concepts that could make writing code more efficient. What is the concept of a variable index? Would that have anything to with what I'm trying to accomplish here?

Is it possible or just wishful thinking.

Thanks
jessey