A little HELP!!

Closed Thread

Thread: A little HELP!!

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: A little HELP!!

Again my greatest thanks! Two confusions, first the NTSC. only works with no video in and second the PRPM 6789 only displays with no video input!? I thought the "NOVIDEO" subroutine meant it was for when there is no video input?

With no incoming video you should have the NTSC the RPM and the NO SYNCHS DETECTED.

With a video signal coming in you should have NTSC and the RPM only on the screen and overlaying the incoming video picture.

I had reconverted by boards back to PAL, but have just changed just 1 back to NTSC and was using a PAL input for an incoming signal for test input.

I have got hold of a Raspberry PI which can be set to output NTSC so will try that some time tomorrow to see if it works as it should.

I wonder if you have your board correctly wired especially vin to vout pin 1 and 28 and no connection on vout2 pin 26, pins 20 to 23 grounded, pin 24 to 25 connected
    Last edited by aerostar; - 15th July 2017 at 18:43. Reason: Board wiring added

I believe everything is wired correctly. Yes pin 1 to 28 is connected. Pin 26 (Vout2) goes through a 3.3k resistor per the schematic and removing the resistor does not make a difference. Yes 20-23 are grounded. Before the software changes, NTSC. appeared both with video in and no video in. No video in will display the "No Synchs received" message with NTSC. and the PRPM 6789 message. Now with video in nothing is displayed almost as if our added code is in the wrong subroutine section?

Hi!
    I took a previous version and inserted the additional code and it worked sort of! The PRPM now appears in both the mode with a video input and without a video input! You wrote "I found one wdata that had a bit incorrect and have corrected those, easily done if the codestudio cursor is in the wrong place and you type something." Not sure which or where so maybe this was the cause? There is something else I cannot seem to change and that is the size of the characters! You can see in the code I changed the zoom register to all zeros which should make the characters the smallest possible, however any line number greater than line 8 is off the screen! Is there more than one register I need to change?

Thanks, Ed

P.S. attached is the code without the wdata bit change.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like we both doing the same thing, attached is my corrected version

I have tested this with NTSC output from RPi and it switches and displays correctly.

I have moved the text, also the RPM and NTSC so that it only appears when there is incoming video.

Regarding the text size I think you will have to play with the POSITION REGISTER - never tried that but that should do something. The STV data sheet does not give much idea as to what that does !

Use my hex file and see if it works on yours.

Should have changed the file name - memory lapse.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had a quick look at the Position Register and put this in

WDATA = %0001001000001111 '%0001 011111 001111
    GOSUB Send ' Position ADDRESS 15

It moved the lines up and I could get line 9 showing - still missing line 10 at the moment.

Looks like Row Attributes may also be involved.

Will have to ask my friend who did the assembler version if he did anything to Row Attributes.

Hi Aerostar!
    I had thought that this was the character size:

WDATA = %0001000011110000 '4 PIXELS HORIZ AND VERT !
    GOSUB Send ' Zoom ADDRESS 12

So I changed it to: WDATA = %0001000000000000 and it made no difference in the text size!

I would also be curious if your setup displays actual red characters as mine seems like a light pink.

Here is a picture of my board

Best, Ed

Name:  IMG_2438.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  65.7 KB

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.