MicroCodeStudioPlus keeps crashing.

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: MicroCodeStudioPlus keeps crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post
    There is always the alternative of the FL IDE by Norm.

Ioannis
    See v3.3 at FineLineIDE Wiki
    FineLineIDE is a one folder install (no registry entry's) so you can cut, copy or delete as you wish.
    FL saves a recovery file every 30 seconds and prompt’s to restore on restart if improper shutdown or crash.

Also beta testers needed for 3.76
    Added line step which allows stepping back and forth through previous lines with out utilizing undo or redo.
    Now 10 programmer tabs in place of 5.
    Added capability to program from a hex file from any programmer tab.
    Added "My highlighter" for user specified highlighting of specific text for color, bold, italic and underline.
    Unicode now supported (non English text).
    FineLineIDE BETA v3.76 download
    Change .xyz extension to .exe

Please discuss FL on the PicBasic FineLineIDE forum

Norm
    Last edited by Normnet; - 11th April 2017 at 12:30.

Does it still crash if you run as administrator?
    My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

Not as dumb as yesterday, but stupider than tomorrow!

Crashes in admin mode or not... try turning off italics for remarks... that's my latest attempt in circumventing the problem.

Just crashed - so much for the italics theory. HOWEVER, this was STILL a case of crashing while I was typing in a comment field, which ALWAYS seems to be the case. (cross-posted)
    Last edited by picster; - 20th May 2017 at 15:52.

Hmm, Comments are necessary of course. What if you type the comments this way:

keep typing WITHOUT the ; or ' and after finishing typing get back to the first character and type the ; or ' symbol.

Not the best idea but maybe it will help until the problem is solved.

Ioannis

Angry Re: MicroCodeStudioPlus keeps crashing.

This is still happening. It seems to come in fits and spurts, no issues for a couple of weeks, then bam, crash after crash of the program. Excessively annoying, particularly when there's no time-based autosave built-in. Yesterday I had about 8 program crashes before I walked away.

Has anyone experiencing this incessant problem tried any of the following and STILL had a MCSP crash:

1) running it as the ONLY program? I usually have a couple of other programs running (typically have a web browser open as well as a PDF for the PIC I'm using)

2) disconnecting from the internet and running only while disconnected? Keeps other programs from doing their own online thing?

3) concurrent with #2, disable Microsoft Security Essentials (or other)?

I'm thinking of doing all 3 at once to see if it possibly helps.

This is paid software, and it's utter *BS* that this should be an issue for a number of people who have paid to use it and are being plagued with this problem. I know it's *not* an MELabs product, but perhaps MELabs could step in and put some pressure on since it's a "cooperative" product that's advertised for use with PBPx (hence pointing there for sales).

Quote Originally Posted by picster View Post

This is paid software, and it's utter *BS* that this should be an issue for a number of people who have paid to use it and are being plagued with this problem. I know it's *not* an MELabs product, but perhaps MELabs could step in and put some pressure on since it's a "cooperative" product that's advertised for use with PBPx (hence pointing there for sales).
    You know how difficult it is to write a program for a pic and have it work, ALWAYS work for your specific PIC which has NO OTHER programs working the background. Any program you write for a PIC is a thousand times more simple than any program running on a PC
    Now Imagine your program must run on every PIC without modification, while other programs demand the same resources.
    There are application and programs that do not play well with others, especially anti virus software. You can do things to assist MCS, like give it higher permissions than some other programs, also change the mode it's running in WIN ,XP,98 etc. In this case BS might mean Better stratagy In ANY event getting mad or frustrated is anti useful.
    sometimes Youtube crashes our computer Full on BSOD and no other ap does this.
    Last edited by Archangel; - 1st February 2018 at 01:22. Reason: add
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.