PIC USB to VB.NET

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Default Re: PIC USB to VB.NET

Thank you both. I guess you are off the hook now steve . I will have to digest this (mostly the vb side) but I do THANK YOU both.!!!
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

In the beginning earth was empty

Then someone says

Name:  nike-just-do-it.jpg
Views: 17045
Size:  7.1 KB

May the force be with you

Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

So does HID fall in the catagory of "pure USB"?
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

HID is a generic USB class, does not require specific driver, could be considered as pure USB... at least the most simple way to develop painless USB stuff.

I still dream Melabs would consider porting Microchip USB framework so PBP user would access other USB Class such as Audio, MIDI and such. We already have mouse & Keyboard (joystick maybe?!?)... why they've stopped there?
    Steve

Who stopped where?
    The Microchip USB "framework" is already in PBP.

You can make your own descriptor files and code for all kinds of stuff.
    The mouse, HID and CDC examples are there to show you how it's done.

Would you expect DMX, MODBUS or NMEA 2000 to be included just because there's an HSEROUT command?
    DT

I know that Darrel, I can even make my own compiler if I would like to. That's not the whole point. Seems pretty obvious you don't have a clue of what's all in the Microchip Framework then.

LCDOUT & GLCD a load ask because they can't, It's somehow easy when you take time to eat/digest the datasheet...

But still there's a MAJOR difference between simple serial/parrallel stuff on various baudrate VS USB Class & Descriptors... kinda black magic for A LOAD of people.

Arduino, Atmel have other class already made in their free compiler, I would expect Melabs be open minded to do it for their paid compiler.

It's a simple suggestion, for the real few time I ask something, don't be so defensive buddy... I love you
    Last edited by mister_e; - 1st June 2011 at 00:13.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    Arduino, Atmel have other class already made in their free compiler, I would expect Melabs be open minded to do it for their paid compiler.
    Well, life's too short (especially, in my case) to argue with either you or Darrell who both seem to know this subject far better than I do but, I was reading the installation instructions for the Arduino and learned that neither Linux nor OSX need any drivers to connect with its USB link (Windows only needs an .inf file). It shows up in Windows as a COM port so I assume it appears as a serial port in the others as well. However, the Arduino is using a rather powerful Atmel ATMega8U2 32-pin MCU just for USB->serial so it's understandable (at least to a dim-witted geezer like me) that Microchip might not be able to accomplish quite the same thing with a single MCU.
    Last edited by dhouston; - 1st June 2011 at 01:05.

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.