FineLineIDE

Closed Thread

Thread: FineLineIDE

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: FineLineIDE

Name:  FL_OptionScreen.jpg
Views: 2470
Size:  55.8 KBNorm, I am having a problem using FL v1.0.0.4 with PicKit2 programmer. It works fine with EasyPic6/PicFlash programmer, but I had to reprogram a device in the field using my laptop with PicKit2. I am using PicKit2 v2 and PBP 2.6 with MPASM assembler. I am somewhat confused by the FL Programmer Options as shown in the attached image where it shows an option for "PicKit2 5.0 volt" and an option for "PicKit2 3.3 volt", as if there are two different PicKit2 products...one for each programming voltage. Yet the PicKit2 I have leaves the selection of the programming voltage to a selectable tool in the PicKit2 screen, so I don't know which option to use with my PicKit2 v2. Can you please clarify what these two FL options for PicKit2 are really saying and which one to use with PicKit2 version 2?

I also notice that the browser default for the" PicKit2 5.0 volt" option points to a file at "Browse to *\pk2cmd.exe". Yet I find no file by that name in my PicKit2 installation. The .exe file normally used in my installation for PicKit2 from Microchip is "PICkit2V2.exe". I tried to use the browser to select this one in the FL option and it didn't work with FL. What are the .exe file names that should be used for either the PicKit2 5.0 volt option or the PicKit2 3.3 volt option in FL??

Quote Originally Posted by jellis00 View Post
    Norm, I am having a problem using FL v1.0.0.4 with PicKit2 programmer. It works fine with EasyPic6/PicFlash programmer, but I had to reprogram a device in the field using my laptop with PicKit2. I am using PicKit2 v2 and PBP 2.6 with MPASM assembler. I am somewhat confused by the FL Programmer Options as shown in the attached image where it shows an option for "PicKit2 5.0 volt" and an option for "PicKit2 3.3 volt", as if there are two different PicKit2 products...one for each programming voltage. Yet the PicKit2 I have leaves the selection of the programming voltage to a selectable tool in the PicKit2 screen, so I don't know which option to use with my PicKit2 v2. Can you please clarify what these two FL options for PicKit2 are really saying and which one to use with PicKit2 version 2?

I also notice that the browser default for the" PicKit2 5.0 volt" option points to a file at "Browse to *\pk2cmd.exe". Yet I find no file by that name in my PicKit2 installation. The .exe file normally used in my installation for PicKit2 from Microchip is "PICkit2V2.exe". I tried to use the browser to select this one in the FL option and it didn't work with FL. What are the .exe file names that should be used for either the PicKit2 5.0 volt option or the PicKit2 3.3 volt option in FL??
    Goto PICkit™ 2 Development Programmer/Debugger and down load the command line version PK2CMD v1.2

The *\ signifies a wildcard before the pk2cmd.exe
    An "-A3.3" without the quotes in the command line signifies 3.3 volts other wise will default to 5.
    Your PICkit2 tabs should look like the following:

Norm

Thanks, Norm. That solved my problem of getting the PicKit2 to work with FL.
    However, I notice a new anomaly I don't know how to interpret. After each use of FL to program via the PicKit2, a message appears in PicKit2 in yellow after the programming is complete saying that I have to dowload a new OS for PicKit2. However, if I close PicKit2 and start over with another programming action it works fine with the OS I have. This never has happened before in my use of my OS version of PicKit2.
    Is there something in the cmd file that checks your version of PicKit2 OS and tells you to update? Do I really need to? The version I am satisfied using and I hesitate to upgrade because evertime I have ever upgraded to anything from Microchip I spend the next week trying to resolve all the incompatibilities.

Thanks, Norm. That solved my problem of getting the PicKit2 to work with FL.
    However, I notice a new anomaly I don't know how to interpret. After each use of FL to program via the PicKit2, a message appears in PicKit2 in yellow after the programming is complete saying that I have to dowload a new OS for PicKit2. However, if I close PicKit2 and start over with another programming action it works fine with the OS I have. This never has happened before in my use of my OS version of PicKit2.
    Is there something in the cmd file that checks your version of PicKit2 OS and tells you to update? Do I really need to? The version I am satisfied using and I hesitate to upgrade because evertime I have ever upgraded to anything from Microchip I spend the next week trying to resolve all the incompatibilities.
    Theirs nothing in FL to do with the above.
    I have always had good luck with the PICkit upgrades although I always am a little concerned.
    I think it even auto reprograms each time I change PIC series but not sure.

Norm

FineLineIDE v1.6.0.0 with support for PBP3 is now available!

v1.6.0.0
    FL supports PicBasicPro PBP3 compiler all versions.
    PicBasicPro compiler now directly calls MPASM as displayed during compile and assembly.
    FL PBP3 generates a .COF file to be used by MPLAB in simulation or in-circuit debugging modes, and by the Proteus simulator.
    Added a keyboard shortcut template which can be edited in Paint for width to match your keyboard.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Normnet View Post
    FineLineIDE v1.6.0.0 with support for PBP3 is now available!
    Norm,
    I just installed my PBP3 upgrade today, and hence also needed to download/insstall FLIDE v1.6.0.0 to have PBP3 compatibility. I copied over the FineLineIDE.ini, CoolbarPositions and Skins from my previous v1.5.0.0. I then checked all the options to make sure they copied over, which it appeared they did. However, I am now having problems.
    1) When I attempt to compile a program that always compiled/assembled OK before, I now get the error as shown in the attached screen snapshot file, FLI1_6_0_0.pdf.
    I checked for the file name that is mentioned with an .ERR extension and it is located in the same folder as where the .pbp file is that I attempted to compile. So I don't understand why it is saying it can't find the file and is giving me this error that prevents compile/assembly.

Can you please advise me how to solve this problem?
    Regards, John Ellis
    FL1_6_0_0.pdf

What does the *.ERR file say when you open it in notepad?
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Norm,
    I checked for the file name that is mentioned with an .ERR extension and it is located in the same folder as where the .pbp file is that I attempted to compile.
    Regards, John Ellis
    Attachment 6380
    Do a check to be sure the path in the "Did not find file" message is exactly the same as the file path in the same folder as where the .pbp file is.
    Paste the path on the forum including the file name.
    Possibly even upper/lower case could produce an error.

Norm

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.