FineLineIDE

Closed Thread

Thread: FineLineIDE

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: FineLineIDE

Quote Originally Posted by timmers View Post
    Hi Norm,
    Thanks for that, I hadn't spotted the setups were configurable. However, I cannot get FL to use any programmer except the first one in the list. So I changed the first one to the Presto.

If UP is allready open with the correct device allready selected, the filename is picked up and performs an erase, programme and verification fine. (command line switches field empty). If I add /part $target-device$ it doesn't change to the selected device as if its ignoring the switch. The filename is picked up without any switch options!

If UP is not open, a popup window opens and asks for the device type. If I enter the device, UP will only blank check without erasing or programming the part. All switch options are ignored.

Is there an option to not convert tabs to spaces? I like working with tabs and would like to continue so.

STOP PRESS.
    Having closed FL and re-opening, I now get the error message "no previous picbasic pro programming" and closes the session when attempting programming.

Any suggestions?
    (WIN XP pro)

Tim.
    Just a guess but try /part target-device
    Keep trying variations.

Tabs don't work well with FL as each tab width is different depending on the line above indentation.
    This makes it much slower to determine the start point for drawing the FineLine if-endif brackets.
    The tab key will still work in FL however it will write/save in spaces rather than a variable width tab.
    I'll try a line by line tab width measurement for the next version as an option however to see if it is feasible.

"no previous picbasicpro programming" is a message displayed when pressing the Program Only button before having first compiled.
    Try compile and program first.

Norm

Full tabs compatibility option has been added to the next version of FL!

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Normnet View Post

Norm
    Another nice feature that is needed in FLide is the ability to print code listings. I looked for a way to print and couldn't find one.
    John Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Normnet View Post

Norm
    Cool.

Is there a way to disable "code crosses boundary" prompts?

I will come back to the UP programmer settings. Does FL just add the switches as typed or are they decoded/fiddled with at all?

Quote Originally Posted by timmers View Post
    Cool.

Is there a way to disable "code crosses boundary" prompts?

I will come back to the UP programmer settings. Does FL just add the switches as typed or are they decoded/fiddled with at all?
    That would be a function of the compiler (PBP) not the editor (FL).
    Unless it's a '<FL_xxxxx>' comment command all switches are for the compiler.

Norm

NAH, easy solution when using MPASM, add the following line at the top of your code.
    Code:
    @     ERRORLEVEL -306 ; supress code boundary message
    It is just a warning, I guess the function in MCSP just ignore it when it happen. So yeah, it could be a feature of FineLine. Just parse the begining of the message, analyze it, ignore it... and you're done
    Last edited by mister_e; - 29th July 2011 at 09:13.
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    NAH, easy solution when using MPASM, add the following line at the top of your code.
    Code:
    @     ERRORLEVEL -306 ; supress code boundary message
    It is just a warning, I guess the function in MCSP just ignore it when it happen. So yeah, it could be a feature of FineLine. Just parse the begining of the message, analyze it, ignore it... and you're done
    On compile button press the IDE saves your code to it's file and passes the file path to PBP.exe to compile to an assembly file.
    As a rule the IDE doesn't fiddle with the code as it wouldn't reopen the same if the IDE was closed after a compile.
    Thinking out loud I suppose the IDE on compile could add the line "@ ERRORLEVEL -306 ; suppress code boundary message" to file to be compiled and re save the original after compile is complete but their really is no reason to do so.
    Another way would be if FL were to simply not report a specific compiler warning however again no reason to do so as adding Mr E's line of code is the intended method.

Norm
    Last edited by Normnet; - 29th July 2011 at 10:45.

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.