A header wizard

Closed Thread

Thread: A header wizard

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default bad mplab

well it appears microchip does not want to make the plugin development by non commercial folks too easy. from a quick search, I gather there is some NDA to sign. this makes an open source project pretty un-doable.
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

The thing about plugins is every time the thing it is plugged into gets an update the plugin most often needs and update too.

That does not sound like fun too me.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

You are right Dave, the plugin becomes unplugged! So we are full circle back to the good stuff now, the business of header wizard.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion about the code you have done so far. I won't bite off the html stuff for now, so thats on you guys. but I am very excited to get started on the python. Last time I had a formal programming class was college. lets say 20 years ago.

And yes, I hope to be able to ANSWER some questions soon, instead of always being the asker.
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

Default About MPLAB

About MPLAB 'd like to post my experience regarding the use of ICD3.

If you are using the above as a programmer then the best MPLAB version so far is the 8.15a and you can download it from Melabs site.

Newer version have serious timout problems and lose connection with the ICD3 producing the ICD3Err0033 error. I was almost ready to return it form repair until I download the old version and have no problem at all. And the assembler is very-very fast also!

Too pity that many people have the same problem (according to Microchips forums) but the company does not seem to do anything about it.

Ioannis

P.S. When installing a newer version you have manually to remove the older one. Look at Add/Remove programs fro XP or Program and Features for Vista.
    Last edited by Ioannis; - 11th September 2010 at 18:08.

That's so sad for me (mplab version). I had to upgrade to icd3 because my icd2 was an older one with no support for win7. Had to upgrade mplab to 8.53 to get support for my device (16F1947). So it sounds like the best option may be 8.53 with icd2 on an xp machine.
    -Bert

16F1946 is supported by 8.15a but not the 16F1947...

Do you have any problems with the ICD3/MPLAB 8.5x/Win 7 ?

Ioannis

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post

Do you have any problems with the ICD3/MPLAB 8.5x/Win 7 ?

Ioannis
    To be honest, I haven't tried that combo yet. ICD3 is at work, where I only have XP. I will bring it home tomorrow and try it on my laptop with win7. I don't have a current built project to test it with, but I can use the test module that came with it,
    -Bert

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.