Hello - I have been pouring over posts here for hours and have not come across anyone discussing thisparticular problem, so I tought I'd toss it out there. I am working on a design that has a "Master" PIC and 6 "Slave" PICS and a single I2C EEPROM. The Master stores data on the EEPROM and, when triggered, the Slaves, one at a time, go to the EEPROM and read the data. The way my circuit is set up is that all PICs share the SCL and SDA lines. This all works just fine if I just have one Master and one Slave. As soon as I plug in a second Slave, the data that I am writing to the EEPROM from the Master becomes corrupted. To try to figure out what was going on, I wrote a simple program for the Master that writes a number to EEPROM and then reads it back and displays it on an LCD. With one Slave installed, I can write the number (i.e., 543) to EEPROM and read it back just fine (the slave is not doing anything - just is installed in the circuit). As soon as I plug in another Slave, I get 8224 back (no matter what number I try to write out). I am assuming that the additional pics might be "drawing down" on the circuit causing the EEPROM to malfunction. On a huntch, I lowered the two 4.7K pullup resistors on the EEPROM to 2.2K, but no change. Can anyone shed some light on what I am seeing?

Thanks!