Quote Originally Posted by Rob Martin
Melanie
So the next question would be where do i find a good freelance and trustworthy pic progammer?
Microchip PICSTART
Microchip ICD-2
MELABS EPIC
BK Precision 844a (Same as one Elnec model i can't remind)

The above are really great, the only one i don't have is the Melabs. BUT i heard many good comments on. Look that PICSTART is on the last production anyway... many USB PIC are not yet supported... as now. Seems ICD-2 the new way to go.

BK Precision (or ELNEC) is a universal one. Usefull if you need to program/read some EEPROM and you don't want to spend time to build your own OR you don't trust any JDM or else close-to-be-freebies like that (PONYPROG, IC-PROG with their XYZ interface)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Choosing the easy way is great... of course time=money. But i always prefer to trust only one person... myself. That way, if there's any problem, i'm the only one to blame.

Also by using the easy way or the-pre-cooked one serve on a plate will never ever make you understand what you do. Yeah it will work, but in case not... how will you solve the problem?

Just few things to think about. Not meant to be offendant for some sensitive OX and BOT user here