Goodbye

Thread: Goodbye

Threaded View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Goodbye

It's not running an interpreter but compiled/assembled code from the Arduino IDE (which I believe is built upon the gcc compiler). You can download the bootloader and flash it into a blank microcontroller using a device programmer (which can actually be another Arduino) and it "becomes" an Arduino.
    that's pretty right but if you step away from the Arduino standards things get interesting.
    I made a prototype pid based damper controller to regulate room temp on woodheaters all good on Arduino board uno atmega328 . for production I thought I would power it from 3.3v and use int osc to save components . turns out atmega328 won't run at 16mhz at that voltage had to drop back to 8mhz . then the boot loader needs to be replaced
    . then could not get reliable loads using int osc , so I had to buy a programmer . then I thought what am I gaining over the pic environment , exactly nothing
    xc8 and mcc is just lovely
    ps. nearly forgot
    when the load fails some times the config fuses get corrupted and the chips have to reprogrammed with a hv programmer they cannot be flashed by an other Arduino
    I binned a few till I discovered that little gem
    Last edited by richard; - 28th August 2018 at 03:57.
    Warning I'm not a teacher

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.