A little HELP!!

Closed Thread

Thread: A little HELP!!

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: A little HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
    Hi Aerostar!
    Your hex code works (sort of). If there is no video then I get a blue screen with "NTSC" and NO SYNCHS RECEIVED"!
    If I input a video source then only the video input source displays with no text.

My code will not compile with the statement "@ device PIC16f628a,HS_OSC,BOD_ON,MCLR_ON,PWRT_ON"
    The 16F628A data sheet shows they made changes from MCLR TO MCLRE, ETC.
    I had to switch to #CONFIG and I believe it is completely wrong as the results when I change this cause things to go "spiritual" (technical term ).
    I will try and find a NTSC source to check the operation, I did connect a Pal video source to see what would happen, and it showed a black and white picture with the text overlaid.

"@ device PIC16f628a,HS_OSC,BOD_ON,MCLR_ON,PWRT_ON" is for the earlier versions of PBP, before 3, I looked at the 16f628a .inc file (PBP260C) and it says mclr, if I compile with mclre it errors.

Further to follow in due time.

Thank you! I really appreciate all that you are doing. If there is something I can do please ask.

Best, Ed

Hi Aerostar!
    Okay so the code works (sort of)! If I give the STV5730 an NTSC source I only get the video from the source. Remove the source and I get the Blue screen with the "NTSC No Synchs Received message"!
    How can I get the text to overlay the incoming video?

Thanks, Ed

Hi Aerostar!
    Okay so the code works (sort of)! If I give the STV5730 an NTSC source I only get the video from the source. Remove the source and I get the Blue screen with the "NTSC No Synchs Received message"!
    How can I get the text to overlay the incoming video?

Thanks, Ed
    See post 31--- I am sorting out an NTSC source to test under your conditions !!!!!

Here is code, hex file and other files made by PBP3 , Microchip assembler, tested working with my NTSC source.

I used a second STV NTSC board as the video source (top board in picture) , connected that output to the input of the original board board (bottom board in picture), and it switches back and forth OK.

Top BNC is video input, bottom BNC is video output on the boards. Micros are 628a pics

With no input to the bottom board, you see the NTSC. and the No synchs message, with NTSC input from the top board, bottom BNC, NTSC. is overlayed on the incoming video, my top board board puts out NTSC VIDEO SOURCE.

Compiled (with help of friend) PBP 3.1.0.1, mplab 8.92 MCS version 5.00.5 and programmed with pickit 2 v2.61 programmer. this I think matches your software setup - your programmer unknown.

Name:  overlay.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  223.8 KBName:  Test setup.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  292.0 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

WOW! That really looks really great! Thank you for the files too! My programmer is a PICSTART PLUS and that should not make any difference. Two questions, how did you wire your STV5730A? Second question, have you tried to have the text be a color? Again, what a great job!!!

Ed

WOW! That really looks really great! Thank you for the files too! My programmer is a PICSTART PLUS and that should not make any difference. Two questions, how did you wire your STV5730A? Second question, have you tried to have the text be a color? Again, what a great job!!!

Ed
    And to prove it really does work - see below - wobbly camera as it was my phone and had to have the other hand to make the connection to the top board at the same time.

Part of the PCB lay out was on the net way back 2003 or earlier, done with the free version of Protel as was then, I modified it to fit what I wanted and had the boards made as it was a commercial job. The text was only used as white but should be able to change using the color register I think.

If I get chance I will see if I still have the board layout - it will take a day or more - have to dig in to old backups etc and when I get the time.

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.