A little HELP!!

Closed Thread

Thread: A little HELP!!

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: A little HELP!!

Had a play with colors -I found that reducing the drive in the MODE REGISTER, BIT M5, from 6dB to 0dB improved the colours, so M5 needs to be a 0, this will depend on how good the monitor is..

If you mofify the fillscreen to the following you should get lines of ifferent colors.
    Code:
    FILLSCREEN: 
        'character=$0B       'SPACE
         TEMP1=0   ' LINECOUNTER
         TEMP =0    'CHARCOUNTER
    loop2a:

WDATA = 0  ' LINECOUNTER*256 + CHARCOUNTER   ADDRESS
        GOSUB Send

LOOP3a:    '                :CHARACTERS 100011       
    	WDATA = %0001011100100011  '     X CHARACTER
    '   WDATA = %0001011101110111
    '    if temp1 =0 then WDATA = %0001011101110111
        if temp1 =1 then WDATA = %0001000001100011
        if temp1 =2 then WDATA = %0001000101100011
        if temp1 =3 then WDATA = %0001001001100011
        if temp1 =4 then WDATA = %0001001101100011
        if temp1 =5 then WDATA = %0001010001100011
        if temp1 =6 then WDATA = %0001010101100011
        if temp1 =7 then WDATA = %0001011001100011
        if temp1 >=8 then WDATA = %0001011101100011

GOSUB Send
    	TEMP = TEMP + 1
    	IF TEMP >= 28 THEN
        TEMP = 0
        TEMP1=TEMP1 + 1
    	ENDIF
    	IF TEMP1 >= 11 THEN SCREENBLANKA

GOTO LOOP3A

SCREENBLANKA:
    	RETURN

Wow! This is really so great! Thank you! I will try the above code just as soon as possible. I loved your screen full of "X's"! If I understand things correctly the text is as small as it can be? FYI, I work at Fox Television so a high quality professional monitor is not difficult to bring home. Did you like how I built the board with the chip? This display is something I have been dreaming about for several years now and it is so wonderful to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel! I also believe the research and development is a major contribution for all others!

Best, Ed

Board looks great - There is still a demand for analogue OSD despite all the digital stuff around. The chips were hard to find after they had been discontinued, but your find of supplier seems to have lots still, price is good, Ebay prices .... silly.

What are you going to this it for ?, I am guessing at RC aeroplane or boat, video from it and motor speed from port and starboard propulsion units.

Yes, you are right on! I have an RC submarine called a Typhoon just like the one in my avatar. My first pic project was an electronic compass as you cannot use GPS underwater. A representative from China was going to buy compasses from me and said my compass was too precision as it is accurate to 1/10 of one degree. They only wanted to pay for 1/2 of one degree accuracy. At one point it seemed they only wanted the design and software so I published the information thus putting it in the public domain. The sub has twin drive motors with temperature sensors mounted on the. There is also a roll and pitch sensor, angle sensors on the bow planes, stern planes and rudder. A sensor for speed and another for depth. There is a sensor for battery voltage and current draw. A laser pointer has been added to the "sail" for targeting. The periscope is 3 mm in diameter and about 2" long with a first surface mirror at the top sending picture down the tube through some acromat lenses then a dove prism lens to reverse the image left to right to avoid using a second mirror. Below the dove prism lens is a "snake camera" which is 3/4" square pointed up the periscope. Since it is a small size it is able to pan left and right. One of the larger challenges was being able to transmit video from underwater. With a "strange" antenna configuration video could be transmitted from a depth of 1 meter, possibly more as my Jacuzzi is only 1 meter deep. There are also torpedoes and missiles fueled by compressed air. Others had used Estes rocket motors until one guy fired a missile from his swimming pool, it broke surface tension, make a left turn, cleared the fence, when through a screened in patio, and set fire to a couch that his neighbor was taking a nap on! Since this, we have all gone to compress air. My torpedoes have an optional nose cone made from a foam paint brush soaked in water color the dried. When these torpedoes are fired they leave a small orange trail and a large orange dot on whatever it hits (like duck butts!) So there are a lot of features and sensors that would be great to display the readings of. Okay, that's the basics.

Best, Ed

Must admit, I did not know about RC Subs, sounds great. Loved the bit about the guy and his rocket and neighbour !

Glad you liked the story! Estes rocket motors generate their own oxygen therefore if you seal the nichrome with wax to make it waterproof you can fire the missile underwater! The wire does melt so you need a new wire for each firing. Some guys have even built exploding torpedoes which will actually sink plastic model surface ships or Skeedo Barbies! Lol Probably a silly question and I tried your color code and ended up with the first row of "X,s" and the remaining rows of just squares (no X's). Any idea what I could have done wrong?

Thanks, Ed

Do not think you have done anything wrong. Have a look at the characters in the data sheet - 63H is 1100011
    WDATA = %0001000001100011 is what I used, so change it to anything you want.

Try 77H 1110111 also change the page background back to blue if you have changed it - It seems that NTSC/STV is finicky with colours of characters and page background also play with brightness/contrast/colour/tint. I had similar problem until played with the monitor controls and characters.
    change this line
    if temp1 >=8
    to

if temp1 =8 then WDATA = %0001011101100011

then add extra line

if temp1 >=9 then WDATA = %0001011100100011

This will/should give Xs on line 9

Untested but should! work

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.