Hello,

Like other projects on this forum, I'm looking for RF transceiver modules that are "transparent".

In my project, I will send very small data packets (20-30 bytes) once a day (data logger polling).

As I'm not an RF module engineer, by "transparent" I mean a RF module to which I can connect a µC sending serial data and vice-versa on the receiver's side.

I have found lots of different modules on the net but I'm not so sure which one I should go for and some of the ones I could have chosen are not "allowed" where I live in Switzerland, Europe.

As an example, here is a transceiver from AUREL that could fit (well I suppose it should) my needs: AUREL RTX 868 FSK (650201343G). Unfortunately, it is not available for hobbyists :-(

What looks great with this module is:
- it has a PCB antenna ("on board");
- data is transmitted in a "transparent" way;
- it's interface is serial (most simple to me).

Now I have found this module from LINX TECHNOLOGIES HUM-868-DT, the 868MHz HumDT™ Series Transceiver. But I'm not sure if it does the same as the AUREL one and I also need to add an antenna (not that tragic).

Can anyone tell me if I'm going the right way or what I should pay attention at?