Hi there i have been reading threads about microstepping, but i dont get it clearly and i reply to some threads about it, but no body answer (i think that is because they are old threads). I have a request to anybody willing to help, i dont have a stepper driver like Big easy, but i made one with a 16f84a, i programmed it to receive a dir and step pulse from another pic, and to give the combinations to some mosfets and to the coils of the bipolar motor. At first it worked well with some weird movements sometimes, (i guess it was because of the supply or some electrical noises), but as i have been studying, im interested in programming a pic to work as a microstepper driver. Until now, i know that some pwm are required to make the required signals to operate the coils, but i dont have it very clear.

Of course, if somebody can help me out with this in picbasic pro language i would be very grateful!. So the basic idea is:

-Inputs:
*Full Step
*Half Step
*switches to select the microstepping config (4, 8, 16, 32, etc)
*Step
*DIR
*Enable
-Outputs
*the pwm signals to the power transistors or the Hbridges to drive the Bi Polar Motor
*anything else needed
I think that just one pic would control one motor, because it would be too much to ask for the three motors. I have a 16f877a and a 18f2550.

I guess it is to much to ask, but i want to learn further about programming in picbasic pro and maybe it can be done .

And sorry for my bad english, im from Mexico!

Best Regards and happy holidays.