Frustrated Modbus

Threaded View

Default Frustrated Modbus

Hey,
    I have been working on this too long and thought I had it working. The program below works fine when hooked up to rs 232 but when I hook it up to a rs 485 chip it does not work. It is not a hardware issue I know for a fact that the 485 hardware and hookup are wired properly. I am pretty sure I have a problem with a configuration or something in my program.

I am using a pic 18F4585 at 20 MHz. I am using hardware rx tx and I have a RTS line for the 485 chip. I know its not called rts on the 485 chip but anyway. My rts line is PORTC.4 and I have a led attached to it to see if it flashes every time a response is made. When I have the tx and rx of the pic tied to 232 chip and the computer everything works fine, the rts led flashes whenever the chip is making a response.
    When I hook the tx and rx up to a 485 chip I get 1 response and 1 flash of the RTS LED and then its done. I had this problem before when I was using Portd.2 pin and thought that maybe it was interrupting off of the compatator and not exiting the interrupt routine. So I switched it to c.4 and it worked, then I lost my code and had to backtrack a little. Now I am stuck and frustrated I missing something simple and stupid but beating my head isn't helping anymore.
    When using the rs232 on the computer I don't actually use any handshaking
    Anyone want to take a look at my messy code and see what they think. Maybe it will pop right out to someone else.
    Thanks
    Shawn
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.