Open source PBP bootloader

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Open source PBP bootloader

wayneandlayne.com have a pretty neat solution for a bootloader, it uses two LED's as light detectors to receive the code that is "flashed" or "blinked" to your PC's monitor screen. One LED light sensor is for clocking and one LED light sensor is for the data.

I'm not sure if this is actually a boot loader... or more of just a way of changing the message that this little kit displays...
    but I would think it could be modified to act as a boot loader.

It may even work from a smart phones browser (it does play from a phones browser)

Here is their actual programming web page where you can scroll down and click on the "GO" button and see it in action.
    http://www.wayneandlayne.com/blinky_programmer/

and a description of their bootloader...
    http://www.wayneandlayne.com/project...ign/#questions

Their project is open source but I'm not sure if the programming web page code is available.
    Last edited by Heckler; - 22nd March 2014 at 14:40.
    Dwight
    These PIC's are like intricate puzzles just waiting for one to discover their secrets and MASTER their capabilities.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Open source PBP bootloader

Nice idea... But that isn't what I need. Devices already have communication with PC or internet, so transferring data to device isn't problem.
    I want to create one bootloader that will flash device from I2C EEPROM. Reason for that is that I2c is simple communication, so it won't take lot of space.
    Code for communication is already in main app. So there is no need to have 10-20Kof code to get file from server. Download hex in main app, then goto bootloader, and write that data to FLASH.
    For now I have working ERASECODE and WRITECODE to erase, and then write new code. And it's working... But still don't understand how to write config.
    I need to understand how to parse hex file, and extract FLESH and EEPROM data... There is bootloader application from microchip written in VB6, so that shouldn't be problem.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.