Proteus Software

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Vac tables are really cool. Just remember a shop vac doesn't really pull any vacuum. I measured it once and it got to maybe 1 inch of mercury.The best is if you cann afford a true vacuum pump Gast brand is really good. next best thing is a vacuum generator. They run from compressed air and will get 29 inches with a good seal. Downside is there is now a great deal of flow.

The clamping force boils down to this: ((vac in inches)/2)*surface area in inches. so for instance: 4x6 card is 24 in^2 with a vac of 29, you get 29/2=14.5*24=348 lbs of force. Sounds like a lot, but keep in mind when milling all the forces are side forces.

but you can quickly see why the shop vac won't work it would have 12 lbs of clamping force!!
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

Thanks again Bert. I made a note of your calcs. Looks like the vac table could end up costing more than the mill...
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

If you already have compressed air, the generators are pretty cheap, 30-60 dollars. If not then they can get pricy to set up. I've used this in the shop for a vac jig:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#vacuum-generators/=aj7hr9
    part number : 41605K14
    But I think double sided tape may work just as well for what you are doing.
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

Cheaper than I thought. Looks like I will be ordering one.

The problem with double sided tape is the thickness, it is not consistent. For through the hole stuff it is fine, but for SMD a thousandth or two makes a big difference. Super glue works "OK". Either one is slow. So for the one or two offs it is doable... any kind of production....

But it is still better than the chemical solution.

Thanks again Bert!!!
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Default Need help from those who know :)

I posted this on the labcenter forum, but after 3 days, still no love. All you folks are much more responsive so I thought I would ask here.

As a brand spanking new user of ISIS and ARES and VSM, I am stumped on my first circuit. I need to use 2 IC's, neither of which are in the library's. First is a MAX3311, second is a TD62783AP. Now I can create these for the schamatic and PCB purpose, but how should I go about Simulating my circuit? Should I just put something in thats close (like a dual RS-232 driver for the 3311). Or do I create them as I know how, but somehow leave them out of the SIM?

Thanks for any help on this NON-PBP question
    -Bert

Your best bet is to use a similar replacement. To make a new device will require an NDA with Labcenter and intimate knowledge of SPICE.

The Labcenter forum is mostly professionals, so there is very little activity on weekends. Also, they won't give support until you "prove" you are a real customer, and not using a demo or pirated copy.

Thanks tenaja. I kinda figured I would just need to not sim thoses parts. Won't really matter, just wanted to see if I was missing something.

As for the "other" forum, I have proven my willingness to pay for the software, as such have the proper label as "professional bla bla bla". This I find very funny as I clearly am not. Maybe in a couple years, but not now.

I was giving them the benifit of the weekend, but then as I saw posts this morning, I thought I would just post here instead. With happy results
    -Bert

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.