Newby can't make hex file in MPLAB 8.5 with blink8x.bas program

Threaded View

Question Newby can't make hex file in MPLAB 8.5 with blink8x.bas program

I'm just starting with PICBASIC PRO. I installed v2.60 along with MPLAB 8.50 and the PBP tool suite is loaded into MPLAB. I'm using the PIC18 Explorer board with the PIC18F8722. I'm trying to compile (build?) and run the blink8x.bas sample program.

On Compiling the blink8x.bas program I get an error that it can't find the hex file and apparently I cannot program the PIC18 chip for debug or release. It says it's building BLINK8X.ASM and then an error msg pops up: Couldn't open hex file C:\PBP\SAMPLES\LABX1\blink8x.HEX although I see a July 16, 2009 version of BLINKX.HEX at C:\PBP\SAMPLES\LABX1.

MPASM 5.35 says "Building Files ..., BLINK8X.ASM, 100%, Errors 0, Warnings Reported 0 Suppressed 3, Messages Reported or Suppressed 0, Lines Assembled 10430" during the build process.

Here's from the Output window:
    Executing: "C:\PBP\PBPMPLAB.BAT" -ampasmwin -k# -p18F8722 "blink8x.bas"

Executing: "C:\PBP\PBPW.EXE" -ampasmwin -k# -p18F8722 "blink8x.bas"
    PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.60, (c) 1998, 2009 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.

ERROR: Unable to execute mpasmwin.Halting build on first failure as requested.
    BUILD FAILED: Thu Apr 22 16:39:03 2010

So maybe there's something wrong with the configuration setup? There doesn't seem to be any Build Configuration set up as Build Configuration says (No Build Configurations).

Help please. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ImAnEE; - 23rd April 2010 at 00:51. Reason: put Here's from the Output window: in wrong place

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.