USB Device Not Recognized ???

Closed Thread

Default USB Device Not Recognized ???

I want to thank Skimask for kindly pointing out where to find the missing data (USBxxx). In the first place I did not see that one thread could have many pages, I was blind as a bat, and perhaps I still am.

Now, when those problems are behind there are some new ones, all this because the USB is quite new for me, it seems to be pretty complicated world, a lot to know, so one should really thank Jan Axelson for his support in this matter.

Trying to use usbjadem.bas (that uses jadesc.asm via usbdesc.asm) and in VB6 HID_Test_Application that can be found on JAs web page, www.lvr.com.

The productID was not the same in frmMain.frm (VB) and jadesc.asm two, it was h1236 in jadesc.asm (DeviceDescriptor) and in frmMain.frm it was and still is h1299. It is now also the same 1299 in DeviceDescriptor cause I changed it to the same, so it is the same in both files now, in two places.

When I try to test how it works, the PC does recognize that a USB device is connected but does not recognize the PIC (18F4550), so the outcome is “USB Device Not Recognized”.

Is there also a need for an inf-file? JA does not suggestion to that direction. Anyway haven’t seen one in this concept. On the other hand I would think it is needed.

There are a couple other things troubling my mind also.
    a) What is the mechanism how the picbasic knows to search for usbdesc.asm in usbjadem.bas? In general, where lies the info for doing such a thing?
    b) What is the theory behind the frequent need to call USBSERVICE? Why it is so frequent? One could think, after the first recognition of the external USB it would not be necessary to do those (frequent) calls to it at all.

I use PicBasic Pro 2.50B and MicroCode Studio 3.0.05 running on XP

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Key

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unhappy USB ... STILL NOT Recognized...

Quote Originally Posted by keymuu View Post
    I want to thank Skimask for kindly pointing out where to find the missing data (USBxxx). In the first place I did not see that one thread could have many pages, I was blind as a bat, and perhaps I still am.

Now, when those problems are behind there are some new ones, all this because the USB is quite new for me, it seems to be pretty complicated world, a lot to know, so one should really thank Jan Axelson for his support in this matter.

Trying to use usbjadem.bas (that uses jadesc.asm via usbdesc.asm) and in VB6 HID_Test_Application that can be found on JAs web page, www.lvr.com.

The productID was not the same in frmMain.frm (VB) and jadesc.asm two, it was h1236 in jadesc.asm (DeviceDescriptor) and in frmMain.frm it was and still is h1299. It is now also the same 1299 in DeviceDescriptor cause I changed it to the same, so it is the same in both files now, in two places.

When I try to test how it works, the PC does recognize that a USB device is connected but does not recognize the PIC (18F4550), so the outcome is “USB Device Not Recognized”.

Is there also a need for an inf-file? JA does not suggestion to that direction. Anyway haven’t seen one in this concept. On the other hand I would think it is needed.

There are a couple other things troubling my mind also.
    a) What is the mechanism how the picbasic knows to search for usbdesc.asm in usbjadem.bas? In general, where lies the info for doing such a thing?
    b) What is the theory behind the frequent need to call USBSERVICE? Why it is so frequent? One could think, after the first recognition of the external USB it would not be necessary to do those (frequent) calls to it at all.

I use PicBasic Pro 2.50B and MicroCode Studio 3.0.05 running on XP

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Key
    Hi there!

I’m desperate, I do not get further, please help!
    Any help will be appreciated.

The main question is the the most disturbing for me,
    what is wrong when getting that USB error?

Can't go on when not getting over that problem.

Regards
    Key