Hi All,

I've been away for a long while but I'm getting geared up to do some fun PIC projects. Last year I made a controller for RGB LED pixels. It basically does stuff like cycle through the colours of the rainbow using only red, green, and blue LED's. Which is actually a pretty interesting project in itself. But now I want to make a big matrix of "pixels" to which I can upload loops of "pseudo-video". The ultimate goal for me is to have a lighting panel that sort of undulates with colour in various ways. I'm thinking the matrix would be good at about 3x8 pixels (at a minimum). I've found some pretty similar projects but not quite what I want to do. Here's one example http://www.instructables.com/id/watc...-pixel-screen/ Unfortunately it doesn't use PIC's but I think some of the methodology is applicable. The only problems with that way of doing it (with the shift registers etc) is that I think it could be quite difficult to modulate the brightness of the LED components using PWM, which I consider a must. I'm currently thinking the best way is to assign a single PIC to each RGB pixel and address them.

So I'm here to see if anybody has any good idea's or has seen something similar.