Help with scroll text in Melanie Olympic Timer

Closed Thread

Default Help with scroll text in Melanie Olympic Timer

Plz any help with a scroll text procedure would be great ...:-(
    I cant see how to pass variables and text in the banner / or in a scroll type way ...like in the olympic timer prog.
    Like define a var type byte and passing it in a scroll type way with text... How does Maleanie passes the from the DATA to DATAA used in the procedure ?!
    thanks in advance!
    Jorge
    PS : i ve already post in the Code Eg. section...guess it was the wrong place , or not ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

This little ditty uses a bank of EEPROM locations to hold the data. The data starts at EEPROM Address 2.

First time around I output 16 characters worth of data to the LCD starting at Address 2 and ending with Address 2+15.

A moment later (the scroll display delay time) I output 16 characters worth of data, this time I've incremented the start address by one, so it's displayed from Address 3 to Address 3+15.

And so forth.

Simply replace my EEPROM "Display Buffer" with a RAM Array "Display Buffer" to do the job you want.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lightbulb plz be patience with my ignorance ...

First of all thanks for the ultra-fast answer...
    But i still dont understand how DataA gets the EEPROM values :-(
    I am only used with the write and read command from/to the eeprom but not with technique of access values from the EEPROM...
    you use a pointer right ?!
    You say to swap the DATA ( xxx EEPROM) used to DATAA to an array...? i feel a bit stupid but i really don’t know this can be done with your banner routine...simply swap DATAA by an Array ?!

Thanks again for your precious help!
    Jorge

btw, this is the original post: there is also a question regarding a LCD shift data i was using in my previous basic compiler ( mikrobasic - i shift to PBP because the code generated by MKB was enormous ...i guess PBP is a lot smarter :-) !!)

Previous/original POST....
    I ve tried to modify the original code made by Melanie, but without success :-( ... already tried to read info in the PBP manual but there is nohing usefull...
    Is there any way of using a banner like the one made by the "Master":-) in the Olympic timer but that passes variables and text?!? ...like after having read the temperature value ( in the 1820 e.g. that comes in the PBP) use only the integer part and print it with some text ...
    I don’t see how Melanie passes the DATA values to the DATAA used in the scroll procedure…
    Any help would be great, as i am trying to make a system without buttons that passes all the info/variables in a scroll type after a certain time....
    Also in the Mikrobasic compiler there is a nice command that makes the LCD text fade to left or right >> lcd_cmd( LCD_SHIFT_LEFT) << i guess that this not possible in PBP :-( ...at least as easier ... am i wrong ? or how can this be done in PBP ?