Hello I have decided to build the PKE system described on microchips website (AN1024) the files are found at the following link:

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/id...serText=AN1024

I saw a previous post between Bruce and Destivi about this project I believe Destivi wanted to do it using only the AFE, I just want to design the system microchip has offered. I just had a few questions and I was hoping someone could give me some assistance before I jump right in.

1.)Is the microchip project complete? what I mean by that is if I build the same circuit as they have provided and use MPLab and the pickit 2 to implement their source code will the project work under normal circumstances?

2.)also I looked up the part MCP2551 from the base station schematic and it seems to be just an automotive bus connection, I don't believe this is an essential part of the design and I intend to leave this out, unless you feel it could have adverse effects on the PKE system working?

3.)On the Transmitter schematic it shows the UHF frequency antenna the value of L1 is not given, I am not sure how to calculate that value I know that freq = 1/(2*pi*root(LC)) but I am not sure which capacitor(s) to include in that calculation?

4.)and finally the high voltage section on the base unit schematic inductor L1 and Caps C2,C3,and C4 are used to created the 125kHz signal, I am just wondering how to go about this, I know capacitors in parallel add so can I just pick values for C2-4 and then calculate L1 using 1/2*pi*root(LC))

Other then that I have all of the components in stock and feel that I have a decent understanding of this project. I was just hoping someone could sort out the 4 questions that I did have.

Thank you in advance

Andrea