Hello,

I am trying to get some PBP code working with the ICD explorer in MicroCode Studio 3.x. I have successfully ICD compiled the code for a 16F628. I then program the PIC with an EPIC programmer, all is ok, however, once I have inserted the MCU back into the circuit which is working fine without the ICD compiled code, and is connected to a working MAX232N circuit, I get the following error when I press the ICD play button:

"MicroCode Studio is unable to run the ICD because the required debug files are missing. To correct the problem, simply rebuild your project using either 'ICD Compile' or 'ICD compile and program."

I have tried unsuccessfully to re-run the ICD compile alone and the ICD compile and program options and have re-flashed the 16F628. I am running PBP v2.47, EPIC v1.45, and MicroCode Studio v3.0.0.5.

Just to be sure all is well with ICD, I loaded the sample ICD program from the MicroCode Studio help to a 16F627, ICD compiled it, programmed the PIC, and was able to successfully connect to it via the same MAX232N circuit which is connected to my COM1 serial port and got the ICD explorer up and was able to control the 16F627 MCU without any issues. So the problem seems like it could be related to the other longer code I am trying to use and getting the ICD errors with?

Thanks and regards,
Jade