PIC Based Inductance Meter

Closed Thread

Question PIC Based Inductance Meter

Hello. My name is Manuel, I am 16, and I live in Argentina. I want to build an inductance meter for my coils (i am starting to design switching converters
    I looked over some web pages on google and read that people usually use an inductor based oscillator, then masure the frequency output, and with that value, calculate the original inductor value. The problem is, I could not find any inductor based oscillator or a formula to calculate the frequency output. Can you please help me find a schematic for this kind of oscillator and a formula to calculate its frequency based on the inductor value?
    Thanks a lot for your time, and sorry for my english (spanish first language lol)
    Manuel

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by manumenzella View Post
    Hello. My name is Manuel, I am 16, and I live in Argentina. I want to build an inductance meter for my coils (i am starting to design switching converters
    I looked over some web pages on google and read that people usually use an inductor based oscillator, then masure the frequency output, and with that value, calculate the original inductor value. The problem is, I could not find any inductor based oscillator or a formula to calculate the frequency output. Can you please help me find a schematic for this kind of oscillator and a formula to calculate its frequency based on the inductor value?
    Thanks a lot for your time, and sorry for my english (spanish first language lol)
    Manuel
    Hi Manuel,
    Do a Google search for Grid Dip Meter or Grid Dip Oscillator, that's the kind of meter you want. Many circuits available there.
    JS
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hi JS, thanks for your help.
    I will look it up right know and post the results.
    Thanks again.
    Manuel