Packets of bytes to HERSIN again

Closed Thread

Default Packets of bytes to HERSIN again

Sorry for bugging you guys but I am going crazy.

I receive data from a camera controller which sends groups of 7 bytes every time you move the joystick or enter a command. I have to keep my program running doing other things but need to catch every packet that comes.
    I got the interrupt thing working using HSERIN and also by reading RCIF directly but only with 1 byte at a time. Some good news is that the 1st byte is always $A0 and the 7th is always $AF. I need them in their respective bytes to be able to decode the command. The commands come at a rate of 4800bps and I am running a 16F877A at 20MHz.

I have used SERIN2 successfully in the form SERIN2 port,speed,[byte1,byte2, yte3 etc etc]
    but using this system means that I have to continusly poll the SERIN2 command and while the PIC responds to the commands it sometimes looses another. I rather loose a response then a command.

Regards

Chris

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by crhomberg View Post
    Sorry for bugging you guys but I am going crazy. I receive data from a camera controller which sends groups of 7 bytes every time you move the joystick or enter a command. I have to keep my program running doing other things but need to catch every packet that comes. I got the interrupt thing working using HSERIN and also by reading RCIF directly but only with 1 byte at a time. Some good news is that the 1st byte is always $A0 and the 7th is always $AF. I need them in their respective bytes to be able to decode the command. The commands come at a rate of 4800bps and I am running a 16F877A at 20MHz. I have used SERIN2 successfully in the form SERIN2 port,speed,[byte1,byte2, yte3 etc etc] but using this system means that I have to continusly poll the SERIN2 command and while the PIC responds to the commands it sometimes looses another. I rather loose a response then a command. Regards Chris
    Same topic, different thread...

Default Answered the other thread just now.

Yeah! Same topic different thread. It is highly doable and as MisterE says learning oppertunities. Keep cool and you can solve the problem.
    Regards

Sougata

Unhappy

Thanks guys, I'm trying to keep cool.