i had to so some reading about serial eeproms and i am wondering if i can use a 24c16? apart from changing the control code and space limitation comparted to 24lc256, do you think i will have any problem assuming i am able to take care of the issue of pin compatbility if that happens to be the problem, i am really sorry if i am fooling around again with my question.

having to load message means i have to bring down my display and use my desktop serial port, i also bought a programmer and it has serial port. i was thinking if i can use a usb to serial converter so i can use my laptop to both load message and can also use the serial pic programmer with my laptop by using the adaptor. has anyone tried this out?

is there a free software or utility with which i can generate my custom character defintion for any matrix size i want, because i want to actually make a 14 by 10 size matrix display.

i was thinking of using red green and blue led in sequence so that when they scroll i sort of have a colored display, but the current required varies to get some level of brightness for the different color of leds, any advice?

thanks alot