Need help for my final project- ISD chips

Closed Thread

Default Need help for my final project- ISD chips

For this project, I need about 10 input as buttons and each input produce different output. Its output is the playback of audio message which is being record in the ISD Chip.

I plan to use ISD2590P chips which will be able to record of about 90second only, which is more enought for me. I will record the audio message by using addressable which mean record start from the specified address. After the audio messages have been recored, I plan to use PIC to set the port of it as the input which are the buttons and extract the audio file of the specified address from the ISD chips.

Do you guys think this will success? The only thing I worry about is that the audio messsage playback at the specified address will play till the end of the whole recorded message? do u think will or it will only play till end of the internal End Of Message (EOM) marker which mean a portion of the audio message??

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default example of the schematic diagram

Default 10 x 9 second messages

Data sheets are only clear to the guy why wrote them. I think you are right, the message will playback until the EOM mark. I have not used this part. You want 10 x 9 second messages.
    Good luck.

TheCresent, Attached is part 2 of 3 parts of a program that I wrote about 8 or so years ago. Sorry I can't give you the entire program but the rest is proprietary to the company.. It is written for the Parallax BS2 and there should be enough comments to build the circuitry. It's a good starting point. The program was designed to capture from 1 to upto 63 messages across 4 ganged ISD2560's. With each ISD2560 having the capability of 1 to 16 messages programmed into it. Like I said, It's a good starting point. LOL

Dave Purola,
    N8NTA
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave; - 19th March 2007 at 16:00. Reason: file not attached

Default Isd

Thank Dave for it. Unfortunately, i havent seen this kind of language before. >_< and it seem complicated. Even if i want to change some part of the program, it will caused me lot of problem. Anyway, i gonna try to use microbasic to program the PIC.

From the pic, it will have about 10 input as button. Each button have trigger the ISD chip with each address of it own specific button, and i will use parallel connectin the address bit of the ISD chips. I just scared after the output playback of the specific address, will play till the end of data being stored of the ISD chip or will stop at each following audio message i recorded down.

Anyway, i will want to tried it as fast as possible. IF anybody know plz tell me. Dave u tried the 2560 chip b4 right?? I seen my senior using it, the output from the speaker is not really nice but kind off acceptable only. Is it suppose to be like tat? From the datasheet, it said till the chip is really great...zz

TheCresent, After you generate the playback keying signal just look for the EOM signal to change and then send the stop command. That is the key to operating it in the random addressing mode. Each message has an EOM bit set into its memory at the end of each recording. As far as the quality goes, the smaller the parts memory the faster the sampling time and the better the speech quality is. I chose the 60 second part for the quality as I am using it for an 2 meter amateur repeater voice mailbox and the project I designed some time ago for work which was to play back voice recordings for a voice recognition system in one of our products uased in a durability system.

Dave Purola
    N8NTA

Default do u think the assemble it yourself kits might work??

Dave do u think the circuit that i plan to use might work?? the URL is based on the one i already shown above..

Dave u there...
    i tried record one msg from the start addressing...
    and record one after 20 second....
    however, when i play from the start... it will played till the end of the msg...
    will i be able to stop the voice playback?? by using pic?? after i estimate the time of msg being played.. then i use delay??

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheCresent View Post
    Dave u there...
    i tried record one msg from the start addressing...
    and record one after 20 second....
    however, when i play from the start... it will played till the end of the msg...
    will i be able to stop the voice playback?? by using pic?? after i estimate the time of msg being played.. then i use delay??
    See page 14 of that pdf you posted in post #2.
    Yep...another one...