HAM APRS protocol & PBP ???

Closed Thread
    atomski Guest

Question HAM APRS protocol & PBP ???

Has anyone ever tried this under pbp? I've seen many APRS implenetations using assembler, C and other compliers, but none using PicBasic Pro. I'd like to be able to send/receive APRS messages and GPS position. I'm aware that there are several similar devices out there, however they're all commercialized and not that easy to get here in YU-land. I've already done some tests receiving GPS sentences and displaying them on the LCD and sending them serially to the PC, but I'm not sure how to write the code for over-the-air encoding in APRS (AX25) amateur radio protocol... Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--
    Sincerest regards,

YZ7REA Vladimir M Skrbic
    4N7ATV Repeater Administrator
    YU7GHZ Radio Club President

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hello Atomsky,

atomsky>>tests receiving GPS sentences and displaying them on the LCD and sending them serially to the PC, but I'm not sure how to write the code for over-the-air encoding in APRS (AX25) amateur radio protocol... Ideas?<<

If you had the format of the protocal, that is 50 percent of it... the other 50 percent is having a transmitter and receiver that receives the protocall.

Stick a triggered scope to the output and let it transmit a known bit of data. From there, you can make the transmit behave anyway you want.

sounds like a fun project to do...

Dwayne
    Ability to Fly:
    Hurling yourself towards the ground, and missing.

Engineers that Contribute to flying:
    Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute

Pilots that are Flying:
    Those who know their limitations, and respect the green side of the grass...

atomski Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sure is,

I've receintly aquired a copy of the AX25 protocol and it looks like they've thought of everything... I presume that there are pbp code snippets for transmitting and receiving data using this protocol out there and it would be nice to use them and learn something in the process. Writting everything from scratch would be a long process for which I don't have nearly enough time. I'm constantly involved in several projects at the same time, most of which I'm doing for free for the amateur radio community. That really eats a lot of my spare time... I would appreciate if someone could give me a hand with pbp version of APRS routines...

--
    Sincerest regards,

YZ7REA Vladimir M Skrbic
    4N7ATV Repeater Administrator
    YU7GHZ Radio Club President