Candle Warmer - heating Element

Closed Thread
    teverett Guest

Default Candle Warmer - heating Element

I would like to control a heating element with a PIC Using Picbasic pro. I am have a lot of trouble finding manufactures of small heating elements.

Can any one point me toward a URL. I just want to heat 8 oz. wax ( about 400 degrees) when I Google this - I get heating elements for homes AC units and stuff.

Thanks

Terence

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default How cheap do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by teverett
    I would like to control a heating element with a PIC Using Picbasic pro. I am have a lot of trouble finding manufactures of small heating elements.

Can any one point me toward a URL. I just want to heat 8 oz. wax ( about 400 degrees) when I Google this - I get heating elements for homes AC units and stuff.

Thanks

Terence
    Hi Terence,
    You could purchase a comercial heating element, and I recommend it if you are going to produce wax heaters for sale, now if you are building one for yourself and are feeling a little thrifty, why not use a common heat lamp or even a 100 watt lightbulb, I remember as a boy all the little girls had an ezbake oven, and I believe it used a lightbulb to bake with, otherwise I know an old soldering iron will get that hot.
    JS
    BTW 400 degrees is mighty hot for wax, even DOP wax, be really cautious, with that stuff. one more idea too, I think Lymann sells a lead bullet heater/caster which you might be able to adapt by controlling the heat.
    Last edited by Archangel; - 6th December 2006 at 01:42.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.