Wiegand data and com port - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Yes, this is correct pin-out. Pin 6 should be connected to +5 via some resistor (say, 1k). If grounded, output will be disabled.
    Note that this code only handles 26-bit wiegand format. As much as i am aware, HID readers output 36 bits. In this case data will be rejected
    I do have a combo lock project for 36-bit HID readers but try first this code. If it does not work, I'll publish the other one. Or- you have the source, you could modify it by yourself also. And estonian learn estonian via my comments Actually, it's good you probably do not understand it...bad style...

Felch,
    I tested the code this afternoon, looks like that's not working, i use JDM PIC programmer with icpro105D to program the chip (PIC12f629). i put 1K resistor between pin 6 and +5V, also, measured the both input (data0, 1) and output (pin7) with oscilloscope, there are no signal from pin7 when i put the proxkey on HID reader (having beep sound from reader), i don't know is it the wiegand format problem?
    I have experience on writing code for ATC89c51 and some AVR, but not PIC, can you post your combo lock project or do the code modification for me?
    Thanx in advance.

William

What does your scope show on inputs? When using a digital storage scope, connect on channel to dat0 and another to dat1. Use single cycle (freezing picture after signal ends) mode. Show card to reader and count pulses form both channels. If count>26, code will not work definitely.
    Lock code is attached. Reads 36-bit wiegand and saves card numbers into PIC's EEPROM. Key "Tühista kaart" means "delete card", other key is for registering card.
    To register new card press and hold the "registreeri kaart" key and show card to reader. After beep data is saved.
    To delete a card, procedure is the same except that you should use "Tühista kaart" key.
    Pressing both keys simultaneously opens door lock (could be used for opening the door from inside).
    Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Felch,
    Thanks for reply, i don't have digital storage scope, anyway i found the HID ProxPoint Plus reader is 36-bit wiegand format.
    On your RFIDlock project, is it using the Clock-and-Data format reader?

William

Hi!
    No, this project uses wiegand but circuit was from another code, that read magnetic stripe format. Actually i think it is possible to make the code autodetecting but...never tried it. Yet...

Yes, i found the asm file which indicated the GPIO5 connected to D0 and GPIO4 connected to D1, unfortunately, this project doesn't have the rs232 output to computer for card # display.

Anyway, i will try to modify the proximity.asm for 36bit wiegand, hopefully, i can make it work, but i need a lot of study.

Thanks,

William

pmatyas Guest

Default Hi

I'm interested your converter, can you send mee an schematic and program source in PIC 16f628?

regards,
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Felch View Post
    It's quite simple. Device sends pulse on Data0 if it wants to signal that bit =0 and vide versa. There are 26 or sometimes 40 bits including parity in beginning and end.
    Have wrote decoder with rs232 output for 12F629 and 16F628. I will post code, if interested.

jose pascoal Guest

Thumbs up wiegand to rs232 ready to use

found this one, ready, tested & cheap

http://www.etconcept.com/Security.htm

Thumbs up Wiegand to RS485

Hi Felch,

I think you have done a fantastic job and thanks for sharing. I am also new to this but it all makes sense and can't wait to get my hands on the microchip and start experimenting. While I'm still finding my feet please can I ask your help (which I am sure won't be too difficult)? I need to convert the 26bit Wiegand to RS485 for the sake of reading up to 1.2 Kms away. If its not to difficult do you think you could post modified code for me?

Many many thanks!

Richard.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Felch View Post
    Serial string "ID xxxxxx" is output on GPIO0 if GPIO1 is at high level (enable pin). Taking GPIO1 low will disable output. Output speed is 4800 bd.
    I've been carefully trying to decipher your code and am quite pleased I seem to be following most of it, however, when I examine your send_rs232 routine, it looks to me like it only outputs "ID xxxx". i.e. 4 digits - not 5 as one might expect (00000 - 65535). Am I missing something?

Question question

im' try create circuit with RFIDlock.zip and not work
    if pic not programed voltage pin GP0 = 0V
    if pic it's pogramed with RFIDlukk.HEX (winpic) voltage pin GP=5V continus
    what is wrong

scuse my primitive englese
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome hansol.

It helps others to help you if you post your code. (and configuration settings) The schematic is great but...
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Default code

code adn reader is ay-k12 rosslare(wiegand 26 bit)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

My ASM is very rusty, but after rereading this thread I think the answer , or at least your problem is addressed starting at post #18.

Sorry I can not be more help.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.