ICD line truncate

Closed Thread

Default ICD line truncate

Hi all

Does anyone know why my pbp program can no longer run in idc compile mode
    it seems that once my program reached a size of around 6K it wont work and comes up with the following error ICD line truncate

microcode studio is unable to process one of the debug files due to line truncating .

thanks tony.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

From the online help...

MicroCode Studio is unable to process one of the debug files due to line truncating.

When using some operating systems with the PICBasic default assembler, long path and filenames can result in important debugging information being lost. Under these circumstances, the ICD is unable to operate correctly. To correct this problem, ensure that the PICBasic filename and its associated path are no more than sixty characters in length.

You should not normally see this error if assembling using MPASM.

Well Iam using MPASM and the file is located in the same place as it has always been in, the only difference is that it has grown larger is there a limit on the size of the file that can be debuged using the ICD none of the paths to the files have changed nor the length of the file name.

Trying following the suggestion - put your project into a smaller path. For testing, use something like c:\program\<mycode>

Does it fix the problem?

Hi David

Yes it does work now, as you sugested I droped the project into the C:\folder and it started to work again I dont understand why but it is working thanks for your help David much appreciated.

Tony.

Default Hit or miss with ICD line truncate

Hi, I am having the same problem with ICD line truncate. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have moved my project around and in my opinion the path seems to have little to do with it. I am using an 18F2525 with use MPASM selected. My project is currently in the folder C:\pbp18. It does seem to something to do with the size of my file. It does get a bit frustrating. I was using the ICD succesfully. Changed a few variable names to make them more readable. Recompiled and downloaded and receieved the ICD line truncate error again.

I also have a dual boot system so MPLAB, windows XP and PBP are all installed on the D: drive. I put my project on C: and it seemed to work better for a while.

Does anyone have any ideas? What is the name/location of the debug file and what can I look for to determine what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, Bob