Hi, I have a problem and I am getting no assistance from the EU, their Market Surveillance folks - nobody. Hopefully one of you folks can assist me.

My company manufactures test equipment that is directed by the Boeing Aircraft Company in their aircraft manuals to be used on the aircraft to test/verify components of the jet engine. The LVD annex II says that "Specialized Electronic Equipment" used on the aircraft is exempted from the LVD standard and therefore would not need the "CE" mark. However, we have a customer that is making noise about our equipment requiring the "CE" approval. He says that equipment being used "ON" the aircraft means that it flies with the aircraft. Our equipment is used on the ground, on the aircraft to test and verify.

If we decide to self certify our equipment (which I beleive it will pass) what standard(s) should we use? Is there a general standard that is easy to pass? Or is there some special standard we must use because we sell test equipment used on aircraft? Anyone have any ideas??