Hello,

I'm trying to find a photo resistor that would be suitable for detecting light levels using the POT command with PBP. The manual says I should be using one in the range of 5K to 50K. Would the 5K to 50K be the maximum resistance that my resistance meter would show me while checking the photo resistor under maximum or minimum light, when trying to decide on which one to use? I have a few here but can't find a suitable one especially when I don't understand what the manual is trying to tell me. If I was to go to my local electronics store and ask for a suitable photo resistor then what would I specifically ask for? Does anyone have a part number for one that would be suitable, I want to be able to differentiate light levels between day time and night time and the varying degrees of light in-between with some sort of accuracy.

Also, I don't understand the manual when it says:
Set the device under measure to maximum resistance and read it with Scale set to 255. Under these conditions, Var will produce an appropriate value for Scale.

So according to the above statement I would write:

POT PORTB.4,255,Light_Level

Then I set the device under measure to maximum resistance and this is the confusing part as to how to simulate what the maximum resistance is. Ok say I figured out what the maximum resistance is and if the number produced is 16 on my Lcd then I would write:

POT PORTB.4,16,Light_Level

To set the device to maximum resistance, would that be the maximum dark or light resistance? Would I shine a light on the resistor or cover it up with black tape?

This is very frustrating and confusing for me, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
jessey