EasyHID and USB for Newbies??

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Default EasyHID and USB for Newbies??

Hi All,

Any info to help a newbie would be greatfully received. How to use EasyHID software and program a USB microchip?

Basically, I would love to replace my old 'mock-up' joystick (connected to rudder pedals) that use the PC game port and build a USB controller.... for starters I heard that USB has better accuracy than the game port.

Cheers
    Oh, and Happy New Year too. :-)

Good luck getting it all together. I got myself a 18F4550, EasyHID and gave it my best shot, but it kinda came up a little short. I followed all the steps, but there are still 'things' missing.

There's several threads here explaining the process, but I couldn't find one that spelled it ALL out (last time I looked was a few months ago, maybe new data out now).

Please post a follow-up on your progress.

Robert
    My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

Not as dumb as yesterday, but stupider than tomorrow!

Default Still waiting

Hi Rob,

Yep, I'm still waiting for (as you say) someone to spell it out. Hahaha.

I'm a bit hesitent to buy one of these chips until I have all the facts and a pretty good 'How to' Guide.

Thanks for your comments
    J

Smile Why people are so afraid of???

Since cash is involve and you don't want to loose any of these green crispy money bill, GOOD NEWS (not really a news but) YOU Don't need to buy them... Microchip offer Free demo... see their website and open an account. Free of charge, freee shipping and blah blah... yeah of course there's some limitation in the quantity but... it's still free.

I'm a bit hesitent to buy one of these chips until I have all the facts and a pretty good 'How to' Guide.
    It will never hurt to try
    They will never bite you
    The worst case, you'll learn something new OR, also possible, waste your time.
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Hi J,

Yup, as Steve said, MicroChips offer free samples. I've already ordered many chips from them that way; no hassle, no questions, fast shipping (from Malaysia I believe, took 3 days). I recommend the 18F4550, it looks a lot like the 16F877, but has more bells and whistles.

As soon as I figure this out, I'll report back here with my findings like I did for the graphic LCD. So far I haven't been able to find all the pieces to the puzzle. It's not a matter of them being spread out over several threads or sites, I have no problem with searching. There's 'some' information that people are just not posting. I suspect it's the PC side that is incomplete in the examples I've seen so far.

All I need is a working example of sending a keystroke, I can take it from there. But by the way things appear, I'll probably have to dish out $600 for that specialized software that is supposed to spit it all out; PIC and PC code. I just don't have that kind of money lying around...

http://www.tracesystemsinc.com/usb_tools.ivnu

Robert
    My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

The software is ordered here:
    http://cippsites.com/Merchant4/merch...re_Code=melabs

Robert