I'm looking at installing a remote car starter in my car however the car has a manual transmission. I've looked at one of products readily available that has an option for a manual transmission but the process they use is absolutely awful to try to remember everytime you get out of the car. I'm thinking of using an automatic version, which is cheaper by the way, and install my own safety which will function better than the one that can be purchased. The way I do it it is almost impossible to have the car in gear and use the remote starter unless your stupid and put the car back in gear after you've shut the engine off. He's my sequence, if anyone see's anything I'm missing let me know:

1. Ensure engine is running by looking at the tachometer lead to a pulse presence.

2. Apply the parking brake is applied with the engine still running, again check to the tachometer pulse.

3. With the engine running and the parking brake on verify that the clutch switch is open, (pedal not pressed). This will verify the car has to be in neutral because the clutch is disengaged and the car is stationary, otherwise the car would be in moving.

4. If all these parameters are met then set a flag to allow the remote starter to bypass the clutch switch and start the car.