PBP3 download trial and purchase links - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: PBP3 download trial and purchase links

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    I have some more questions if I may:
    a) Can someone send me a screenshot of the Products page of the website?
    The compiler includes the pdf manual that you can print on your printer if you like, or in a near print shop. I think it might be cheaper that way. Also in the latest compiler there are some text readme files that add more info to the manual. But then again here is the latest compiler version (3.1.6), the latest manual (dated back to 2015) and some notes: https://pbp3.com/download_current.html

b) I remember reading somewhere that MicroCodeStudio can be purchased separately, but why sell it separately if it's already bundled in PBP3.1?
    The difference is in the P as MCS is free and MCSP, the plus (+) version, is paid. It animated in-circuit debug and also a microcode loader (kind of a bootloader). I guess not very much needed. You can send some variables to a serial port and monitor the flow of your program. Also bootloaders are available I guess.

From the Mecanique.co.uk site https://www.mecanique.co.uk/shop/ind...ry&path=20_60:

More ICD Model Files than the standard version
    An ICD Model Creator Wizard - create your own ICD Models!
    Single commercial and educational license
    MicroCode Loader Software

c) I am using the microchip 18F47K40 that is not (yet) supported by PBP3.1 according to the PBP-chiplist.
    Can this chip, and maybe others in the near future, be added to the software as supported chips?
    That list is obsolete as there was an update of the compiler and now supports the 47K40 chip, among few more newer. Here is the updated one: https://pbp3.com/devicelist.html

But I am pretty sure there will be no other updates in the future. The last version of the compiler was 3.1.6.

Ioannis
    Last edited by Ioannis; - 13th October 2023 at 18:20.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: PBP3 download trial and purchase links

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post
    MCSP, the plus (+) version, is paid. It animated in-circuit debug and also a microcode loader (kind of a bootloader). I guess not very much needed. You can send some variables to a serial port and monitor the flow of your program. Also bootloaders are available I guess.

Thanks for the info although I didn't know what the above functions means but nice to know there is even more possible ;-)