Leaves the mainloop??? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Leaves the mainloop???

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post
    You never said that you have a lab and tools to check signals. Also never showed the signal out of the PIC.

Asking if you have access to a tool is rude comment?

Being aggressive while we try here to help you does not really help at all.

After all, even if you received my comment as rude one, consider that we are spending time on this forum trying to help others. We may be located in countries too far away from mother america and our language may not be english. Do you really speak Greek?

Wish well recover and leave all the health problems in the past. But that does not make us rude people.

So, if you really want our help, as Alain said, please do give some details that we can understand your problem.

For one, you may show us the output pin of that PIC reseting as you suspect. Is it really reseting?

Ioannis

P.S. I am very happy that I am member of this extremelly helpful forum, for the wonderful giving people I happend to meat here and believe that there are no many forums with the quality we have here.

My personality is hurry up and ask questions and get an answer. I need to slow down and think of my questions first and organize them. I want the asnwer in miliseconds - lol.

no no no - asking me if I had a scope was not rude. I was trying to edit my post and the 30 minute limit hit and my post didnt mean to infer that - sorry for that. I thought the rude remarks came from someone else and if you read the thread you can see from who. On top of all that I'm asked if I had a scope and I took it the wrong way. Email and texts and forums can suck sometimes because you cant hear tone.

currently I still do not know whats up. I brought my circuit to my EE friends at work and they think the load is a resistive load where it really should be an inductive load (service vehicle lights etc) - they are thinking the for the first turn on its shorting my supply for a very short time, resetting the PIC. The supply I use has 15 amps capability, so IMO its beefy enough. I aslo put a larger cap across the 5V with no luck.

The circuit works under 1 amp so that might be true of load dumping the supply > 1 amp. The scope I have should catch this, I agree. My next idea was to change the load from resistive to inductive.

And read more ideas here on this forum.
    My dad never liked you...

The massive output FETs are to supply 12V to service vehicle equipment. Its an automotive environment, but - by the time it gets to my circuit, the voltage is isolated from the alternator noise, etc, etc..

My circuit actually works in the field - somehow - which tells me that my electronic load is the culprit. So I'm changing my load to something that emulates my true load in the field. I have some police car flasher lights coming.

That being said, I want to know why this particular type of load resets my PIC. Good to know stuff.

At first I thought with the 16F15324 I was setting up the registers wrong - a software reason. Using port instead of latch feature for example. Richard showed me how to setup registers properly but problem still exists.

Beefy PS - I use a 15amp supply, but if load shorts in first milliseconds the draw is much higher than 15 amps. Thats why if the load is on first the inrush current draw has passed. I think that makes sense. If I used a car battery would the result be the same? I need to try that.

BTW - Its amazing how you PICBASIC guys know things about PICBASIC code. I'm like - "how in the world did you figure that out" ! Its like you have this magic code book. (I know - its in the docs)..I guess if you do it enough it.......

for example - from another thread :

ansela = ~ 16
    lata = ~ 16
    trisa = ~ 16

Get the scope out. - should be my quote on my forum slogan
    Last edited by pescador; - 4th June 2023 at 14:02.

Well I feel like an idiot.

I connected a 2.5 ohm 100 watt resistor as my load instead of the electronic load (5 amps).

No issues....works like it should. So the electronic (programmable) load must be the culprit. I could get the scope out and find out if its really introducing excess current draw and/or spikes on my supply.

What did I learn?

How to setup the 16F15324 registers and use the LAT function instead of port(x)...

Slow down and organize my code, schematic, and the real issue before throwing crap at you guys.

Dont be so sensitive to critique...

And the Cubs still suck.
    Last edited by pescador; - 4th June 2023 at 16:42.

for that type of thing, I would think a relay would be appropriate.

Name:  relay.PNG
Views: 302
Size:  60.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    . If I used a car battery would the result be the same? I need to try that.
    After what you have seen ... I wouldn't even try !!!

that means your electronic load draws lots of current @ start ( called an overshoot ) and you are not sure it's internal circuits can withstand, say, 40, 50 or more Amps the car battery could easily give ...
    " magic smoke " probably in sight ...

Glad you got it in the end ...

Alain
    Why insist on using 32 Bits when you're not even able to deal with the first 8 ones ??? ehhhhhh ...
    IF there is the word "Problem" in your question ...
    certainly the answer is " RTFM " or " RTFDataSheet " !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    My personality is hurry up and ask questions and get an answer. I need to slow down and think of my questions first and organize them. I want the asnwer in miliseconds - lol.

no no no - asking me if I had a scope was not rude. I was trying to edit my post and the 30 minute limit hit and my post didnt mean to infer that - sorry for that. I thought the rude remarks came from someone else and if you read the thread you can see from who. On top of all that I'm asked if I had a scope and I took it the wrong way. Email and texts and forums can suck sometimes because you cant hear tone.

currently I still do not know whats up. I brought my circuit to my EE friends at work and they think the load is a resistive load where it really should be an inductive load (service vehicle lights etc) - they are thinking the for the first turn on its shorting my supply for a very short time, resetting the PIC. The supply I use has 15 amps capability, so IMO its beefy enough. I aslo put a larger cap across the 5V with no luck.

The circuit works under 1 amp so that might be true of load dumping the supply > 1 amp. The scope I have should catch this, I agree. My next idea was to change the load from resistive to inductive.

And read more ideas here on this forum.
    No hard feelings. We are here to help each other and not to argue or fight. More info you give the better the answer you 'll get.

It the first time that I see you use electronic load to test the circuit. So, what is that load? DIY or a ready made device? How is that set up? Can you adjust it?

Ioannis