High speed pic scaler for Survey meter for PIC16F627A translation to PIC18F2855?

Threaded View

Seoullasers Guest

Post High speed pic scaler for Survey meter for PIC16F627A translation to PIC18F2855?

Hello this will be my first post on the forum. I am an Educator from Canada whom has spent nearly 7 years working and living abroad in ROK and Japan.
    I came back to Canada almost 2.5 years ago and I am re-adapting to life here.

I think I have an interesting predicament. I have an old code that I'd like to translate for use on a PIC18F2855. The problem is that not only does the code need translating from the PIC16F627A it also needs to be able to drive a 16x2 1602 display.
    I have been in touch with the creator of the code and he has given me full permissions to modify and use non-commercially. After I figure out what I need to do I will give him the code.

Purpose of the code.

I have a project that I am doing. This is modernizing a Survey Meter (Bicron Surveyor M) takes (GM tubes, proportional detectors as well as a multitude of
    various kinds of Scintillation detectors).
    The code in the .doc is for pulling in pulses and totalizing them at high speed (down to ~4uS). The program can take samples at CPS, CPM and a user defined count time (0.1/1/10/240..etc) windows.
    The data is displayed on an LCD screen and also sent over a simple serial connection (9600baud). That's all this program is designed to do essentially.

I would REALLY like to adapt this code to make it run on a PIC18F2855. I recently got ahold of one of these PIC18F's as a pre assembled kit called a (ECIO28P).
    I haven't had much luck getting this code to adapt ( I've tried a number of changes and none has worked yet) . Additionally I'd like to be able to drive this on a 2x16 1602 (not over I2C) LCD screen if possible.

I have attached a commented release of the code if this helps any. I am quite lost.

**If there is anyone who would be able to have a look at the code and make suggestions or edits or show me what
    would need to be done to the code that'd be a major/ serious help.**

Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files