I am trying to do what seems like one of the simplest PIC programming tasks I ever did and it is turning into a nightmare. All I want to do is use the smallest pin count device possible to monitor 1 digital input pin (Trigger), 1 Analog input pin (To adjust a frequency), and one output pin (frequency output to speaker when trigger is detected). This way I could use a larger device to trigger different tones without having to deal with anything except turning ports on/off.

I purchased 10F322 devices only to find that Picbasic ver 2.06C does not support it. After some playing around in MPLab for a while and deciding it was too much to learn I decided to try some 10F222 devices. I am now finding that they don't support ADCIN or FREQOUT (The two commands I need to use!)

Any suggestions? Any other small 8 or 6 pin devices that might work? Is there anyone here that could write up a quick MPLAB-X C example for the 10F322?
For now I would be happy enough just looping frequency outputs for 1 second bursts as long as the trigger is high, but what I would really prefer is to use hardware PWM to have a nice steady frequency output.