I had a couple of projects sending serial data to LCD's and that still works as far as i can tell, I don't have the displays to check. i also have a VB.net program that sends a single byte to a chip and that chip displays it on a parallel LCD, note that should still work too. my problem is I am using a 8pin chip with no LCD, all I have is a LED to see if i'm getting data on the chip. I am also using the software "realterm" as a temporary interface till the VB program is written. i have tried for 4 hours now and its still not working, many configurations and such so I will state what I need and hopefully someone can insert missing code or provide links etc... Project: Use a 12F1572 to read a 16 bit analog pin, send that 16bit data to the PC, then wait for response. PC will take number do some math, etc.. and then send a byte back to the chip to tell the chip to turn on a output pin to drive a LED or FET. heres my basic layout of code define OSC 4 DEFINE ADC_BITS 16 ' A/D number of bits DEFINE ADC_CLOCK 3 ' Uses A/D internal RC clock DEFINE ADC_SAMPLEUS 50 ' Set sampling time in us define HSER_BAUD 9600 DEFINE HSER_BITS 8 DEFINE HSER_CLROERR 1 DEFINE HSER_RCSTA 90h DEFINE HSER_TXSTA 20h DEFINE HSER_SPBRG 25 DEFINE HSER_SPBRGH 0 A VAR WORD 'Stores 16 Bit Analog Reading B VAR byte 'Temp Holder Switch VAR PORTA.5 'Controls External FET or LED on pin 2 Switch = 0 mainloop: ADCIN 2, A 'Grab analog input from Pin 3 Hserout [A] ' Send char out serial port pause 100 HSERIN [B] if B = 5 then switch = 1 else switch = 0 pause 100 goto mainloop ' Do it all over again