Hello every body: I just joint the forum. Switching now slowly over from Basic Stamp 2 to the pick micro. I have Basic pro Gold . I have programmed some 12f683 successful. However I started now with the pic 16f688 because I needed more I/O. And it has the same programming pin configuration then the 12f683 which fits my Omega prototyping board. My Problem is: Con fig file. Or addressing the pins correctly. Or both. Especial I don’t know if using eight. $00000000 is OK because it is not working. I understand port A and port B have only 6 Ports. This is my code: #CONFIG ifdef PM_USED device pic16F688, intrc_osc_noclkout, wdt_on, mclr_on, protect_off else __config _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & _WDT_ON & _MCLRE_ON & _CP_OFF endif #ENDCONFIG ansel=0 'set i/o to digital cmcon0 = 7 'comparator off TRISC=%000001 ' set PortC RC5-RC1 to ‘outputs, RC0 input PORTC=%000010 ' Set PortC RC1 high to turn ‘on LED1 Main: ' *** Test the switch state *** if portC.0 = 0 then led2 'If switch is pressed then ‘jump to LED2 routine PortC.1 = 1 ' Turn LED1 on portC.2 = 0 ' Turn LED2 off goto Main ' Jump to the top of the main loop LED2: '*** Turn LED2 on *** portC.2 = 1 ' LED2 on portC.1 = 0 ' LED1 off goto Main ' Jump to the top of the main