Code:
DEFINE OSC 4
This Define statement is suppose to synchronize most of PBP's time dependent functions (i.e.; pause and pauseus) to the oscillator feeding your PIC chip. Without the Define statement these functions assume you are running at 4 mhz. The problem is, that the choice of alternative oscillator speeds is limited to only 12 different speeds, which are: 3(3.58),4,8,10,12,16,20,24,25,32,33,40 mhz.

Now I don't know about you, but for me this is too limiting. Example: it wouldn't be uncommon for someone to want to run their PIC at 14.318 mhz (NTSC) or for that matter 17.734 (PAL) since these are 4fsc standards used in video applications. It would be nice to have the Pause function still work properly at this speed, but it wont, since their is no Define for either of these frequencies.

Not knowing what is going on underneath the cover of PBP, it would seem a relatively simple matter to allow for a much more flexible definition of oscillator speed that would accomodate a given users situation. Can the creators of PBP provide such a option?