Bad Search Engine problems?

Closed Thread

Default Bad Search Engine problems?

Im trying to find some of my posts from several months ago, however i can only pull up the last 36 posts? The forum shows 250+ pages of threads, but when I do an advanced search it only shows a few items for search criteria, or if I just use my account listing or search my name it just shows 36 items (1.5 pages) yet I have posted many many more threads, not to mention posting on other threads. is the search not working, I lost some code that I know I posted however I need to see my threads to find it.
    Any ideas?
    Chris

Any man who has accomplished anything in electronics at one time or another has said... " STOP! WAIT! NOOO! Dangit.... Oh Well, Time to start over..."

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Bad Search Engine problems?

At the top right of the page, click on "Settings"
    Then click "View all Subscribed Threads".

Or, try this ... wdmagic
    DT

thanks darrel, already tried that, its only showing 33 threads.
    if I go to my name and click find latest posts, I only get the last 100. If I do - find latest started threads - it only shows 37. So I am going to assume that the code Im looking for is in the posts that I have replyed to, that are older than the last 100 posts. since my post count is 233, there are 133 I cant see. is there a way to bring up a list of every post, or every thread I've posted in? prefer 1st option.
    Chris

Any man who has accomplished anything in electronics at one time or another has said... " STOP! WAIT! NOOO! Dangit.... Oh Well, Time to start over..."

When I go to "Settings >View all Subscribed Threads" I get 50 pages that show every thread I've posted in all the way back to 2003.
    It shows 1937 threads, many of them having more than 1 post in them.
    With 4803 posts, that's an average of ~2.5 posts per thread.

It seems that you tend to have 10-12 posts in any given thread, so only showing 33 threads with a post count of 227 doesn't seem unreasonable.
    Are you sure one of those 33 isn't what you're looking for?

The limit of 100 results from the advanced search is a setting on the forum that only Lester can change.

The Google link I posted may also be useful, if you refine the search by adding keywords ... it should come up with what you're looking for.
    DT

Some post were lost in September.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18357

yea I looked as best I could but couldnt find the code I had posted, it was after i had just started within say the first 3 months. I was trying to simulate a PWM on a 12F675. I did get it to work fine with some basic code, I could set it at very low freq's. I had it set to run from 4 to 80 htz. later I wrote an elaborate code where you could set the frequency you wanted, bandwidth, and some other options. That one is still there, however its being a pain about reversing it back to its basic heritage of code. I even tried going back to writing it from scratch but am having some issues. My mistake was deleting old pbp files that I thought I no longer needed. When I learned about the 12F683 with built in PWM that could run high freq's I switched to that and deleted my files, since I remember posting them, I figured I could always get them back. The things we do...
    I even looked on my data backups on my server and I did a backup after I had deleted them, I do have the hex files, asm, and a couple of others. but I cant do anything with those to see the PBP code.
    I will just have to post my code I have in the PBP forum and the problems I am having and see if someone can help.
    Chris

Do you still have the .LST file?
    DT

yes i still have it
    Chris

Send it to me at [email protected]
    Depending on the options passed to the assembler, it may be possible to recover the original PBP source code.
    DT

that worked darrel, thanks, it missed only 1 line of code but that was a good recovery, thanks. not sure where my other posts went and not going to worry about it. my lesson learned is dont count on forums to backup your code
    Chris