Guys need some advice.

I have an EasyPIC5 board for developing my projects, and for the life of me I have no idea what's happening with getting the time from a DS1307, even though it's been used before to program the PIC with the current version of my project. I have breadboarded the DS1307 and also have a RTC2 module which is basically the DS1307 chip and the resistors / xtal on a small PCB which plugs into a header on the EasyPIC5 board, but still get the same issue, regardless of which PIC I use.

I've tried some of the examples and test code I wrote a few years back and even re-loaded the latest project, and still the same problem. That is that it displays the date as 10:10:10 and the time as 10 Oct 2010. If I disconnect the DS chip everything reverts to zero (ie 00:00:00 and 00 00 0000). I've used several 18F4580 PICs and loaded code which is running in working projects, and the same thing. I don't think it's a timing issue as the LCD displays other info (such as temperature from a DS18B20).

My two recent projects use this chip and having loaded the code have the opportunity to manually set the time, but the result isn't written to the DS1307 either. I've checked the jumpers on the EasyPIC5 board and all seem correct (there's not much to change, just pull up / down resistors on the header for that port)

Anyone have any ideas...