Thread: QuadCopter

Cool QuadCopter

Hello
    If any one have Made a QuadCopter using PicBasic Pro

i like to made one
    My Hobbies is PicBasic PRO

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: QuadCopter

After investigating this for a while, I doubt there will be anyone who has made a quad using a PIC and PicBasic Pro. You need a lot of compute power to manage the drive to the 4 motors, handle the accelerometer, gyroscope, etc. Not a trivial task.

I would not argue that it is difficult. Certainly well past my grade level so how can I judge? That said, motor speed is handled by a servo pulse and I think tilt sensors are manageable - certainly there are many "balancing" robots based on PICs. As Jerson says, it may be impossible, but how impossible? Cars that drive themselves impossible or warp engine impossible? That, my friend, is left as an exercise for the bold of heart.

Cool Re: QuadCopter

I going to use external ESC manager with pulseout this way the board is small and easy.

I like to test the Power of PicBasic Pro with this projects is going to be open source for the pic users.

I have done a Micro Turbine ECU in the past it was hard but now is working perfect any people set this can not be done by PicBasic Pro and is Done and Working.

Thanks to all input

I going to start as soon as possible i have to buy parts like 32bit pic or 16bit and MPU-6000/6050 Six-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer)

Quote Originally Posted by jetpr View Post
    Thanks to all input

I going to start as soon as possible i have to buy parts like 32bit pic or 16bit and MPU-6000/6050 Six-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer)
    Then you will not be using PicBasicPro.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

this one can make the job 18F4550 i have some code done i have to buy the parts and test

Never say never.
    Take a look at the other BASIC's radio control quad copter reciver to pic interface code post.

Norm
    Last edited by Normnet; - 23rd October 2013 at 14:03.

The Parrot AR Drone uses a pic for each motor.
    Each motor has it's own chip with identical firmware to the others,
    and some communication protocol.
    I don't know what's running the show talking to the motor controllers,
    wifi, and cameras, but I think it is running Linux.

Providing you optimise your code in a reasonable manner and use interrupts to handle the more critical stability functions to make sure they get done in time. I don't see why a PBP programmed 18Fxxxx controller running at 8Mhz or faster shouldn't be able to handle the job with time to spare.

Whilst there is a lot to do you have inertia on your side. From reading some of the other posts, sounds like the trick is in being able to regulate the revs of the propellers with great accuracy. May be what's needed is two Pic's. One slave to maintain precise Prop revs on the 4 motors and a Master to do all the attitude, direction etc data collection and decision making and simply update the required revs to the slave PIC. when necessary. This will allow the Master plenty of time to gather data and maintain stability.

One other thing. The larger the Quad copter the more time you have to make decisions. The larger machines have considerably more mass and are less twitchy and more stable. Of course this is offset by being more expensive to build. and crash.

Ron...

It depends on whether or not the same chip is also the chip processing camera frames as well.
    There is often a down facing lo resolution camera looking for a pattern on the ground it can lock to,
    and a forward facing camera, and something controlling a wifi module.
    A number of chips would make things easier, but the bigger the PCB the more weight the copter has.

If I were building one, I'd start with the Parrot Drone, and it's hardware, and try to improve it's
    software and/or hardware.
    The chip codes, and iPad/iPhone/Androind source is all open source to begin with.

It is jus the physical copter hardware that is lacking.. it's a bit weak.

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.