Hi, during my summer holidays now, I would like to do some project involving internet + PIC. I have bought a module ($15) which can connect to wifi. Can work as server and client. Can be used in adhoc or infrastructure mode.
Following the advise in the device's manual and using the provided software, from my laptop I can configure the module ->> I am able to load my home network details into the module and it then connects to my home wifi fine. I can also load the server address and port number where it can then send data to (which currently is my laptop IP, running a server software and listening to the that port). Connected to the same network, I can send data from the module and receive it.

I would like to know if there is any thing out there which can help me see if the data can be sent outside my home network somewhere on the web. I would like to know if there is any service which can give me an ip address and port number to which I can send data and then see it.

The ultimate aim is to control something at my home via an app on the phone or something. Thanks