Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I had kind of a specific question that I couldn't find the answer for in Google (yes, it had to happen someday) so I'm posting it here. If this issue has already been discussed somewhere and you have a link to it I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Otherwise I'm going to post the question here.

I'm working on modifying a code that was originally compiled on PBP version 2.5c and am currently using trial version of PBP 3.0.6.1 before I purchase the full version of the product. Problem I'm having right now is that when I compile the code, even without any modifications, and program a pic16f876a microcontroller with it, it does nothing.

Now that wouldn't be an issue if the .Hex file of the same code that was generated using PBP v2.5c didn't work just fine.

pic16f876a in this particular application is used to control an LCD screen and uses the standard LCDout function in order to display characters on the screen. Code compiles without errors and microcontroller programs just fine, however, once placed within the board the LCD outputs 8 black squares on half of the screen while the other half of the screen remains blank.

I'm using a picstartplus programmer and Mplab IDE v 8.63.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this error would be greatly appreciated.