Erase error

Closed Thread

Thread: Erase error

Default Erase error

I'm using the U2 programmer with an EPIC 28/40 pin adapter and 4.50 Beta software
    programming PIC16F1783 chips. They program once ( PBP3 hex file ) and then have a code error at
    0000 next time; erase doesn't clear it ( location 0000 reads 2811 typically after erase
    and blank check ). The LVP option IS NOT enabled when programming. Any ideas? Do I need to set a flag somewhere in the code?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Erase error

I had a similar problem. It had to do with setting the MCLR pin as an input and using the internal oscillator. The pic18f45k80 would program once and then block further erases and programming.

Melabs fixed the problem with an update to the Beta software. Send an email to support, they are alway very helpful with these types of problems.
    Last edited by mark_s; - 28th June 2012 at 22:50.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Erase error

I have bricked quite a few 16F627A's before I realized what I was doing wrong. I could program them once, then I could not write or clear them after that. Had to throw them away. It turned out that I was enabling timer 1 external oscillator which was disabling MCLR. I had no way to reset the chip with the programmer I was using, so I couldn't re-program them. Carefully review all your configs for the MCLR pin.
    Shawn

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.