2.4 ghz WiFi ID

Closed Thread

Thread: 2.4 ghz WiFi ID

Hybrid View

Default 2.4 ghz WiFi ID

Hello,
    I have been searching the forum for suggestions to be able to use a pic to connect to a wifi module and ultimately just broadcast an id that I could see in the windows wireless network. Is this possible or would this require "C" programming? Thanks for the suggestions.

Default Re: 2.4 ghz WiFi ID

Anything here give you some ideas?
    http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Thank you Mackrackit, you have been very helpful. I have tried the live search prior to posting must be my wording. Again, many thanks.

I ordered the MRF24WB0MA with the daughterboard to play with. I thought it would come with more documentation that just the pinout of the board. After seeing a 2009 post on here about this same module that had no replies this is not looking to good.

The MRF24WB0MA is a very basic radio module with some encryption hardware.
    It does not have a TCP/IP stack built-in, and requires the use of Microchip's TCP/IP stack that is only available in C.

Using it with PBP will be very difficult.
    DT

Thanks Darrel, well thats money down the drain. What would you recommend for something I can see on the pc wireless network that I could broadcast an ID every so often? That would be pretty cool for a fox hunt. But thank you for clarifying the dreadful "C" issue, I assumed automatically that because it was from Microchip....well you now know the rest of the story. Thanks again.
    Last edited by tazntex; - 30th April 2012 at 22:33.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.